Friday, April 22, 2011

Slimy (poem)

                                                                  photo (c) Vijeta Dahiya










                                                                


I was held in lichens
    Covered with moss
Frozen to the core
    So slimy and gross

Slippery to touch
    Immunized unreceptive
My skin held down
    The nerves as captive

One day an insect
    Happened to bite
I shrieked in pain
    But half in delight

Pain, on my dead veins
    It sensuously gnawed
Tickled by the poison
    Their numbness thawed.

Raging through pores
    The sublimated zeal
Even if it were pain
    Ah! having to feel.

Wallowing in this feel
    I can think of nothing
Dreamily I recuperate
    From the intense sting.

1 comment:

  1. ahsaash....iss sabad ka matlab log bhool gaye hain, sheep ki tarah chalte chalte...nice effort...

    ReplyDelete