Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just let me be















I beseech you daddy
Why can't you just let me be?

Brother is so intelligent
He would get money and fame
I am sure that one day
He would hold high your name.
You got to be proud of him
For me, you got only a frown.
I embarrass you by being your son
It's a shame how I let you down.

What to do - this is what it is
I ain't good at anything daddy
Maths and Science are so boring
No good at painting or photography.
Why can't you admit I'm no winner
Frankly, I haven't the surge to be one
Call me a loser, but in fact
I'm doing fine, I'm having fun.

My eyes too small for your big dreams
Stop attaching hopes and motivating
Is it really all that bad if I am
No great man in the making.
I love you, I'll care for you
I'll survive, I would be happy
Stop agitating, let me also relax
Why can't you just let me be?

No comments:

Post a Comment