Monday, February 21, 2011

Don't cry if I die

Yesterday he died
All of them cried
Tears in their eyes
Letting out sighs
Filled with regret
Remarking that
They had wanted to do
This or that for Raju
But somehow could not.
Guilty in their thoughts
That they had been
So harsh to him;
Many a unspoken word,
The various long-reserved
Feelings of care and affection,
Due apologies or admiration
How much they wished now
they had expressed somehow.
But no point in it
It din't matter a bit
Now that he was gone.
Truth is he died alone.

Not that I am planning
Suicide or something
But then, you know,
I might die tomorrow
So uncertain life is.
If I die, then please
Do not even cry
Let out no sigh
If there is anything
You feel like telling
Let it be today;
Otherwise on that day,
Do not disturb me
I want to die free
With no foolish notion,
At seeing your commotion,
That were I to live for
A few days more,
You would be
There for me.
I want no such silly regret,
At the time of my death.
Now if you are away
then just stay that way
If I live alone then I
Want to peacefully die.

No comments:

Post a Comment